Whether you are looking to build lean muscle, get rid of the excess body fat or get those enviable 6-pack abs, a cool set of exercise bands can help you achieve any of these goals. Initially intended for use by elderly people in nursing facilities, resistance bands are now widely used for intense training and super-effective workouts. The versatility and ease of using the band has made it a popular exercise equipment today.
|Exercise bands are available in a range of colors, lengths and tensions. They even come by the roll so you can cut your band as per your requirement. They are loved by fitness enthusiasts and not without reason.|
Here are some benefits of these short pieces of elastic and the wonders they can do for your fitness goals:
- The best advantage of the band is that it enables you to apply progressive resistance on different body parts right from the head to toe. You are not restricted to just one set of exercises. With the exercise bands, you can target all muscle groups in the body and you can increase the resistance levels with time. All you need to do is buy the right set of handles, and add the exercise bands to the same to get the resistance you require.
- The resistance offered by the bands makes workouts highly effective. There is no better way to burn body fat than by using elastic bands.
- Working out at the gym can tire you, but when you are doing band resistance exercises, you are more relaxed even though the entire body stretches, turns, twists and moves.
- Many women are unable to get rid of their unseemly bat wings, no matter how hard they seem to try. However, with the help of the band, they are able to target those unwanted fats and get the body of their dreams.
- Thanks to these elastic bands, it is easier to perform many of the essential stretching exercises. There are times when stretching postures help you more than other ways of working out. Resistance bands make it easier to carry out complex stretches and get the maximum impact out of them.
- When you use free weights, you run the risk of a sprain or a muscle pull. This will not happen when you use a band. Exercising the proper way is important for your health and for your long-term well-being. Resistance bands are a great way to shed body weight and keep it in prime condition.
- The bands provide constant tension all through the moves and can wonderfully supplement a weight training schedule. They are safer than free weights or exercise machines and the best part is that they can be used by anyone, irrespective of age or physical condition.
- The bands are good for rehabilitation from injuries as they offer a safer way of exercising the injured area. There is no risk associated with controlling and lifting a heavy weight correctly. Therefore, they limit the stress created on the weakened body part and help it get strengthened fast.
- One of the most attractive features of a resistance band is that it is an inexpensive equipment. Moreover, it is easy to store and carry around. You can do over 100 exercises with this one band no matter where you are!
Image source: Pinterest (in.pinterest.com/pin/260434790925913646/ )
Choosing the right band
When it comes to selecting a set of bands, you have to keep certain things in mind. The band should be of good quality. Products that are made of poor quality rubber will not offer good elastic resistance and you will not be able to see the expected results. The band should also come with clipping systems and door anchors.
When you have clipping systems, they enable you to attach multiple bands together and get a greater resistance level. Door anchors give you the ability to recreate gym exercises. With the exercise bands, you can engage in workouts anytime and anywhere.
Working with the Band
It is important that you prepare your body to work with the exercise band. You can start by warming up. Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes, hydrate yourself well and use good form and control all through the training session. While working out with the bands, you should do a few minutes of cardio. There are several exercises that you can try out. Here’s a link to a video that summarizes some of these easy warm-up workouts.
Maintaining the band
It is important that you maintain your band well. Inspect it at regular intervals for any signs of wear and tear. If there are thin spots or tears in the band, you will have to replace it. Small tears and spots increase the chances of the band snapping while in use and can cause you injury.
Exercise bands are durable and make for a worthy investment. They can act as a wonderful break from your regular workout routine and can help you gain strength and muscle mass in the process.