Let’s be honest! While it might sound like a great idea to your bored mind, cutting your hair is no easy feat. It’s tricky, takes years of practice and is best left to the professionals. Does that mean dealing with split ends and unmanageable bangs for the unforeseeable future?
It certainly doesn’t. Putting end to your misery, we have put forward a list of tricks and videos to help cut hair at home. Here’s the first and most important trick- don’t try this at home with kitchen scissors. These are not meant for cutting hair and will only make life more miserable. Try to get your hands on professional trimming scissors or at least scissors with sharp blades.
Also, it’s best to keep it basic even though TikTok videos might convince you otherwise.
Trimming Split Ends
How to Cut Split Ends at Home?
Fuzzy split ends are the root of many hair troubles. There might be several products claiming to fix your split ends but the only real solution is trimming them. Remember to wash your hair before you try this though. Think back to all the times you went to your parlour didi for a trim without shampooing your hair. (Disaster, we know!)
If you have made up your mind to cut hair at home, this is the best way to begin.
Tricks Before You Cut Split Ends at Home
- It’s safe to trim split ends at home! Trimming split ends is a fairly easy process. Follow the video and you will be good to go.
- If your hair tangles easy, it’s best to use a detangling serum before you set to the task. Take a generous amount of serum and gently put it along the ends. The Livon Serum for Dry and Unruly Hair is a good pick for this purpose. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle the hair.
- Okay, this is important! Move slowly. Trimming your hair takes patience, so it’s better to not rush this.
- Try again! Repeat the first steps to check if you missed any and try again if necessary. After all, practice makes it perfect.
Styling your Wavy Bangs
When it comes to hairstyle mistakes, wavy bangs make it to the top of the list. If you are trying to cut hair at home and want to trim wavy bangs, it’s very important to remember these pointers:
- Always begin by styling your hair the way you want to wear it. If you have thick, dense hair set it with a hair gel or else you can go with a smoothening serum. Allow the product to absorb for about 20 minutes.
- The secret behind nailing the wavy bangs is to go vertical. Yes, trim each strand vertically. Horizontal trimming only goes for straight hair bangs!
Here’s a video by popular YouTuber Vivi König for your reference:
Styling your Straight Bangs
Bangs are high maintenance. Come on, admit it! But you are amongst the lucky ones if you have straight hair. Styling your bangs can be easy if you follow what Loepsie has to say:
Styling your Locks
If you are absolutely convinced to take the deep plunge, we have just the video for you. Sheetal has been cutting her hair at home for years and believes you can do it too. Here’s what she has to say: