It’s a common misconception that consuming desi ghee increases the body fat level. Let’s debunk this wide-spread myth, before we delve deeper into the subject and enlighten you about as many as 25 benefits of eating desi ghee. First things first, know that broadly there are 2 categories of fats – good fats and bad fats. Our body needs fats like every other macro and micronutrients, but, and there’s a big but, at required levels.
Would you prefer reading about the benefits of desi ghee in Hindi? Then click here.
Yes, even the healthiest or superfoods have a negative impact on our body, and ghee is no exception to this rule. The question which needs to be answered first is – which category of fat does ghee (a class of clarified butter) come under?
Well, ghee covers the grey area. It’s neither black nor white. It’s a form of saturated fats. Trans fats are bad for your body and monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats come in the good books. Saturated fats might lead to cardiovascular disease – if consumed in huge quantities.
So, we’ll suggest some healthy ways in which you can consume ghee and enjoy its many benefits.
- Consuming 1 tablespoon ghee on an empty stomach each day boosts the immune system.
Caution: If you already have a cardiovascular problem, or are allergic to dietary products then consult your doctor first.
- Do hiccups irritate you? Isn’t it embarrassing when there’s pin-drop silence and you start getting hiccups? A teaspoon of lukewarm ghee will calm your nerves and give you relief.
- Skinny, match stick – are these the names they tag you with? It definitely kills your self-confidence. Even XS size doesn’t fit your lean body. Start consuming ghee. A tablespoon of ghee with sugar and it surely will add those much needed curves to your body.
- Junk foods can cause food poisoning. This quick home remedy will surely help you with your condition. Consume 3 grams of ghee 4 times a day and you will definitely feel better by bed time.
- If you are plagued by plague, then 3.75 grams of ghee with 1 cup of milk 4 times a day will help you in getting rid of it.
- High or tipsy? Add 2 spoon sugar to 2 spoons lukewarm ghee. And you will get a hold of yourself.
- Add 10 grains of black pepper, sugar candy (mishri) and an inch of ginger to 2 tbsp of desi ghee and let it crackle. Consume this mixture on an empty stomach when you have a bad/sore throat.
- If you are suffering from prolonged cough problem, then what you need is a mixture of lukewarm ghee with jaggery. It certainly works better than cough syrup.
- Consume 1 glass of luke warm milk with 1 tbsp of ghee before bed time. This remedy will help you with piles.
- If you are suffering from Tuberculosis then Consuming ghee with butter and sugar candy (mishri) will help you with it.
- If have piles and blood comes out at stool. Then consume a mixture of 1 tbsp black sesame powder, sugar candy(mishri) and ghee.
- Consuming 1 tbsp of ghee with sugar candy (mishri) also improves vision.
- Consuming ghee on a daily basis improves digestion which ensures that fat doesn’t get accumulated in your body.
- Linoleic present in ghee keeps a check at body weight.
- Vitamin K found in desi ghee keeps your heart healthy.
- Consuming desi ghee on a daily basis controls bad cholesterol.
- If you get prone to contagious disease quick, then make desi ghee a part of your daily diet.
- Consuming desi ghee paves the way to stronger bones.
- If you get migraine pain then put 2 drops of ghee in both the nostrils. Do this for a few weeks and you will certainly find relief.
- Desi ghee is a rich source of Omega 3 and Omega 9 type of fatty acids. This makes it an ideal companion for growing, adolescent kids.
- To get rid of constipation consume 1 tbsp of ghee with 1 glass of milk before bedtime.
- Consuming 3.5 grams of ghee 4 times a day flushes out snake’s and scorpion’s poison from the body.
- Don’t you want smooth and supple skin and silky hair? Obviously, yes! We understand women’s obsession with it. Just have a little ghee on an empty stomach and you are done.
- Clogged nose irritates me the most. And I almost suffer from cough and cold for at least 360 days in a year. Putting ghee in nostrils unclogs nose and trust me, it works way better than inhalers.
- Apply ghee on chapatis to reduce its glycemic index by some amount. Moreover, it makes chapatis soft and digestible. Even Kareena Kapoor revealed that during pregnancy she never missed on consuming ghee.
Kareena actually went on to say that ghee helped her lose the weight that she gained during her pregnancy. So much for those naysayers who believe that consumption of ghee leads to weight gain. Of course, it will, if you consume it in large quantities. But like, almost any other food item, moderate use of ghee provides you with immense number of benefits.