Do you too struggle to get those perfect winged eyeliners? Well, at some point we all do. Getting a perfect flicked wing is a subtle art, that you can master only through practice. But does that mean, until then, you’ll roam around the city with a badly done eyeliner? No, never! We’ll help sail you through this misery, ladies.
Let’s check out how to make a perfect winged eyeliner every time! No pain, no tears, no stress. Don’t worry, you can thank us later!
Trick 1: The Card Trick
- Place a card diagonally under your lower lash line.
- Now draw a flick starting from the outer corner of your upper lash line. (Length of the flick will depend on the amount of drama that you want to add in your look.)
- Now join the flick till the midpoint of the upper lash line.
- Draw a line working from the inner corners of your lash line towards the outer corners, fill in any gaps and voila that’s a perfect eyeliner!
Trick 2: Using A Cotton Bud
- Draw a line from the inner corner of your eyes towards outer. Just like you normally would draw an eyeliner.
- Dip a cotton bud in a make-up remover and clean the extra fallouts.
- Place the cotton bud aligned with the angle of your lower lash line and wipe off the extra drama.
Trick 3: Place Your Elbow On A Flat Surface
- Shaky hands surely do ruin your eyeliner and make you look like a panda.
- What you need to do is to look out for a flat surface where you can place your hand comfortably and then draw the liner. This will give you hold of your movement.
- If you can’t find such a place, then at least support your elbow with the other hand.
5. Trick 4: Use Tapes
- Cut out a tape and stick it underneath your bottom lash line and angle it as per your desire.
- Now draw a line along your lashes.
- Wait until it completely dries out and removes the tape.
5. Trick 5: Join The-Dots
- Make small dots on top of your lash line, make sure you stay as close to it.
- And, you literally Join the dots! Fill in all the gaps and you are good to go.
Trick 6: Conceal It
- Draw your eyeliner with a free hand. And in case if you have made a mistake, then
- All you need is a little concealer on an angled brush to carve out that winged liner.
- Slowly and steadily clean out your winged eyeliner. Once you have finished this step, you’ll be left with perfect, pointed and symmetrical eyeliner.
Points To Always Remember
- Since you aren’t a pro, always try and stick by a felt-tip liner.
- If you are using a liquid liner then keep it in the refrigerator 15-20 minutes prior to using it. It hardens the tip and makes it easier to apply.
- Always keep a cotton bud with you. I call my cotton buds my prince charmings! When you have messed it up, they will come to your rescue.
Leave a Reply